5 Tips To Grow Your Email List With YouTube
YouTube is the #2 search engine behind Google and the hours spent watching videos worldwide continues to increase dramatically. The beauty of YouTube is you can upload your Facebook Live replay (which is an excellent way to re-purpose that content) OR you can record a completely different video for your YouTube followers. The choice is completely yours.
Promoting your opt-in freebie/bribe via YouTube is easy because you can actually post the URL in multiple locations for the same video:
1. On the opening and closing slides: Carry over your company branding efforts with slides or “bumpers” that have your company name and URL. Common practice is to place the main business URL on the opening slide and save the specific call-to-action and URL for the closing slide.
2. Within the video itself: During the editing process you can also add the URL as a CTA (call to action) so it appears throughout the video or only at select times. This is a nice visual so people can write down the URL or search for it while still watching your video.
3. Mention your email list at the end of each video: No matter what your topic is, always mention how to sign up for your list. Never forget to do this, and make sure it’s clear that subscribing to your YouTube channel and subscribing to your email list are different actions!
4. Use your bio link to ask for sign ups: As with other media, direct people to a unique sign-up page from here. Do you see a pattern here? Plaster your opt-in link in every space possible, on every platform you use.
5. Optimize your video descriptions: People crave information, especially if they love your content, so make it easy for them to find you.
ONE QUICK NOTE: Many people had been praising the use of annotations in their YouTube videos as a way to make links clickable right from the video. However, this tool was only available to use via desktop and with the rise in video watching done on mobile devices, YouTube decided to forego this option.
However, you can still add your own CTA or graphic elements to your videos so it’s possible to still add your opt-in URL directly to your video. The only difference is it won’t be clickable and you’ll rely on your viewer to type in the URL to reach your page.
Again, if you’re producing content that has value, they will take that next step easily.
Please Note: Some of the links on this post may be affiliate links. That means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we may receive an affiliate commission as their “thank you” for sending you their way.